Parking in North Hatley
a. Overnight parking
From November 1 until April 1, it is strictly forbidden to park a vehicle between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m., either in a municipal parking lot or on public roads.
b. Parking and the Fire Department
Make sure to stop or park your vehicle in a place that is safe for everyone. A vehicle parked or stopped in the wrong place can delay or hamper the work of firefighters as well as the circulation of emergency vehicles, and you could be liable to a fine of $100 plus extrajudicial costs.
Municipal parking lots
Rates for municipal parking lots
- Free at all times
Each resident of the Municipality of North Hatley is entitled to a parking sticker free of charge. These stickers are available every two years, at the beginning of the year.
Parking stickers can be obtained at the municipal office, 3125, ch. Capelton. You will need to present:
- a proof of residency, e.g., your current tax account or your driver’s license
- registration certificate of the vehicle for which you will use the sticker
Temporary car shelters are permitted from November 1 to April 15. Outside this period, they must be dismantled and stored.
Your temporary carport must:
- consist of a metal frame covered with canvas or polyethylene
- be located at least 0.60 m (2 ft) away from the sidewalk
- be located in a parking spot or driveway, at least 1.5 meters (5 ft) from the road’s right-of-way or, for a corner property, at least 3 meters (9’9”) from the road’s right-of-way for the first 15 m (45 ft).
You will find information on road conditions on the Transports Québec website.
You can also dial 1 888 355-0511.